Here are three ways that can maximize your savings when it comes to shopping for food.
1. Snap a Picture of Your Receipt – IBOTTA
When we get a receipt, we typically just throw it away. Did you know that you could get cashback by just snapping a picture of it?
With an app called, IBOTTA, you could save any where from a few bucks to a couple hundred bucks a month. The app works like this:
- Preplan your trip
- Open the app and search for items you plan on picking up
- Buy the items at the store
- Snap a photo of your receipt
- Get Cash Back
Cashack per item varies, but I’ve seen things such as:
- 50 cents back on orange juice
- 75 cents back on yogurt
- $2.50 back on beer
- $3.00 back on wine
The download is free and you get a $10 cashback bonus when you upload your first receipt.
2. Use Cashback Sites to Negotiate your Deals – Ebates
This is probably one of my favorite go-to places I use to save money. There are ton of other cashback sites out there, but this site has been around for almost a decade. They work with companies such as Walmart, CVS, Omaha Steaks, etc in order to provide cashback savings to their members. By the way, this isn’t limited to just food places. You can also get cashback from other merchants such as Amazon, Hotels.com, Best Buy, etc.
To earn Cash Back:
- Join Ebates: it’s free and only requires an email address and a password
- Start a shopping trip with Ebates in the mobile app
- When you’re notified that Cash Back has been activated, just shop like you normally would.
That’s it. Once you checkout, the store notifies Ebates and they payout the cashback via a “Big Fat Check” or through Paypal. New members also have the opportunity to get an extra $10 cashback bonus.
3. Use Discounted Gift Cards – Raise.com
This is probably one of the most overlooked avenues when it comes to saving money. Did you know that you can buy gift cards at at a discount all from your mobile device?
This is how easy it is:
- Check out Raise.com and sign up for a free account
- Search the place you are planning on making your shopping trip (through the website or mobile app).
- Add the gift card to your cart and check out
All gift cards come with a 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee; therefore, you don’t have to worry if the gift card you are purchasing is sketchy. If you sign up now and get $5 off on your first purchase.